Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Better Know A Crafter: Lindsay Akiyama

Lindsay is ready for wintery weather--she just made one of the most adorable jackets we've ever seen!


Lindsay Akiyama


Tell us about your amazing coat!
I used fabric from Tula Pink's Nightshade collection. I made a pattern to fit the fabric. I was inspired by the pirate girls and wanted to showcase them.


What makes you want to be so crafty?
I have an overdeveloped sense of style, so I like to create things that suit me. I sew, paint and make jewelry.

How did you learn to sew?
My mom made me the most beautiful dresses for every occasion as I grew up. I've been watching her my whole life and have modeled myself after her.

What is your favorite animal?
Octopus.

Thanks Lindsay! Happy sewing!

3 comments:

Rochelle New said...

That coat is to die for!!!!! So awesome!!

Jeanne Lois said...

Holy moly! This is THE perfect project for that fabric! Nice work!

jeifner said...

So great!