Friday, January 08, 2010

Better Know A Crafter: Joan Walker

Joan came in to the store and was inspired by our cute new Megumi Sakakibara fabric. Can it get any more adorable than hand-drawn kittens playing in the garden? We loved Joan's idea of sewing up a Schoolhouse Tunic in this lovely linen fabric. She's a mighty speedy seamstress--she came in a short time later wearing her adorable tunic!

Joan Walker


What types of crafts do you do?
I am a seamstress, quilter, potter, living the dream, textile lover.

Tell us about your tunic.
I used a Japanese fabric and the Schoolhouse Tunic sewing pattern by Sew Liberated. I used my Bernina 1230 sewing machine that I love.

How did you learn to sew?
Granny Hornby from England taught me to sew. I still have her handmade cutting table.

What is your favorite animal?
My Welsh Corgi, O.D.

Thanks Joan! Happy sewing!

2 comments:

softearthart said...

Hi,from New Zealand, I do love your tunic dress,just lovely, wow!!! what a great blog, I am a needle felt artist. "Happy days" Marie

picknstitch said...

Very clever addition of the buttons. It adds a lot to the design. Good job!